The surroundings of Vézelay are sparsely populated. Wonderful for walking, but for shelter, food and drink it is sometimes a puzzle. We have mapped out the options.
On the map opposite are visible:
- the Tour de Vézelay (dark blue line),
- access routes (red lines) and stations (green markers),
- facilities along the routes (blue circles),
- information about culture & history (moss green circles)
If you zoom in further, these facilities will become visible:
- pilgrims' accommodation (maroon markers),
- other accommodation (red markers),
- other facilities (blue markers): shops, etc..
More information about a facility becomes visible when you click on the marker.
Please let us know if any information is incorrect, via the feedback option in your app or an e-mail.
Information on the go:
You can install these files on your smartphone:
- overview (PDF):
- Facilities (June 30, 2021)
- tracks (to be combined with a route track; each file contains information about all routes = Tour de Vézelay, access routes and circular walks):
- KML (Maps.me) (June 30,2021)
- KML (Google Earth) (June 30, 2021)
- GPX (Garmin) (June 30,2021)
- GPX (GPXViewer) (June 30, 2021)
- GPX (OSMand) (June 30,2021)
- GPX (ViewRanger) (June 30, 2021)
Tip: this is a manual (PDF) to install KML/GPX-files on your smartphone.
Map updated on May 27, 2021.
You can drag the map and view the map in full screen.
Covid-info (May 27, 2021)
The map above shows which accommodation are open (red and brown markers). Other accommodation is closed or no information is available (grey markers).
Regarding the access routes: please check yourself whether accommodation is open.