The surroundings of Vézelay are sparsely populated. Wonderful for walking, but for shelter, food and drink it is sometimes a puzzle. We have mapped out the options.
On the map opposite are visible:
- the Tour de Vézelay (dark blue line),
- access routes (green lines) and stations (green markers),
- facilities along the routes (blue circles),
- information about culture & history (moss green circles)
If you zoom in further, these facilities will become visible:
- pilgrims' accommodation (maroon markers),
- other accommodation (red markers),
- other facilities (blue markers): shops, etc..
More information about a facility becomes visible when you click on the marker.
Please let us know if any information is incorrect, via the feedback option in your app or an e-mail.
Information on the go:
You can install these files on your smartphone:
- overview (PDF):
- Facilities (March 4, 2022)
- tracks (to be combined with a route track; each file contains information about all routes = Tour de Vézelay, access routes and circular walks):
- KML (Maps.me) (November 8,2021)
- KML (Google Earth) (November 8, 2021)
- GPX (Garmin) (November 8,2021)
- GPX (GPXViewer) (November 8, 2021)
- GPX (OSMand) (November 8,2021)
- GPX (ViewRanger) (November 8, 2021)
- if you can't download a file, try again with a different browser.
- this is a manual (PDF) to install KML/GPX-files on your smartphone.
Update (May 12, 2022)
- please note: most accommodation expect payment in cash.
- the hostel Le Refuge in Saint-Père is for sale and is currently closed.
- the camping in Brèves opens May 26.
Map updated on November 9, 2021.
You can drag the map and view the map in full screen.